Deposit Unclaimed Funds (Motion)

Rev. 1/15/2019


Fed. R. Bankr. P. 3011



This topic is specific regarding a motion requesting the trustee deposit unclaimed funds in the court registry.


Generally, a motion and court order are not required.  Fed. R. Bankr. P. 3011 provides that the case trustee shall file a list providing the name and address of the owner of the unclaimed funds.  The trustee then transmits the funds to the clerk for deposit. See Transmittal of Unclaimed Funds


See Interpleader Deposit regarding funds related to an Interpleader action under 28 U.S.C. § 1335.



Docket Events:


[Bankruptcy> Motions/Applications> Deposit Unclaimed Funds]




KMS Cases

NPO Cases

Motion with Certificate of Service

Motion with Certificate of Service

Proposed Order

Proposed Order